This project gave us the wonderful opportunity to restore a derelict pool space adjacent to a 1700’s colonial house situated on several acres of historic landscape. The 1950’s era pool was completely renovated and resurfaced with a natural pebble finish that gives the water an azure hue. The surrounding pool terrace was enlarged to create an open and more usable space. Antique fieldstone recycled from a barn foundation on the property was incorporated into the fieldstone wall that supports the expanded pool terrace. A red cedar pergola was custom designed to provide structural support for the wisteria vines to be planted for a shaded dining space. The homeowner’s love for horticulture contributed greatly to the plant pallete of hybrid dogwood trees, daylilies, blue hydrangea, carlessi viburnum, cerastium, heather, tree peonies and European ginger.